Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Smore S'mores Please!

I grew up camping and making s'mores. This morning I thought I'd peruse google to see what kind of pictures I could find. My Mother-In-Law makes wonderful brownie s'mores but I'd have to make them to show you, I will share at another time :)

Hershey had the above wonderful looking recipe, you can click on the link above to get the recipe.



Then I found these num-a-nums!
A young woman named Jaime at her blog Sophistimom
made these wonderful looking bars.

The following is from Jaime's blog!

These are the classic magic bars my mom used to make with a recipe she got from a can of condensed milk (I think it was Borden’s brand). With the graham crackers and chocolate, it always seemed obvious to vary the recipe to be like s’mores by replacing the coconut with mini marshmallows. But I’ll warn you — they’re very sweet. I usually make half the pan with 1 cup of marshmallows (which the kids prefer), and the other half of the pan with 1 cup of coconut (for the grown-ups).

magic s’mores bars

10 ounces (300g) graham crackers (18 whole crackers, or two cellophane wrapped stacks)
1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
1 pinch of kosher salt
1 14 ounce can (400g) sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cups (250g) semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups (I have no idea how much they weigh—just throw a couple of handfuls on!) mini marshmallows

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (180 degrees Celsius). In a large resealable bag (or in a food processor), smash graham crackers until finely ground. Stir in melted butter and salt. Press into a 13×9″ pan. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
2. Sprinkle on chocolate chips. Drizzle can of condensed milk over graham crackers; follow with marshmallows.
3. Bake for 20 minutes more, until marshmallows are lightly browned. Let cool completely. I usually put mine in the freezer to make it go faster.

share and enjoy

Thanks Jaime for sharing you loved family recipe!


But wait...there's smore!

A college gal named Kim from Lovin From The Oven
made these nummies!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 king-sized milk chocolate bars (e.g. Hershey’s)
  • 1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme/fluff (not melted marshmallows)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined.
  3. Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan. Place chocolate bars over dough. 2 king-sized Hershey’s bars should fit perfectly side by side, but break the chocolate (if necessary) to get it to fit in a single layer no more than 1/4 inch thick. Spread chocolate with marshmallow creme or fluff. Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff (most easily achieved by flattening the dough into small shingles and laying them together).
  4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Makes 16 cookie bars.
Thank you Kim!

I hope you find time to visit each one of the above blogs, they have so much more to share!

Now that I've spent all my bloggie time gazing and sharing recipes I must get ready for work. I have missed each one of you and look forward to catching up with you!

Hugs,
Kathi :)

8 comments:

Vee said...

Oh good heavens! They all look fabulous. Which ones are you trying first?

Mari said...

They look good! Not good for my diet though!

TattingChic said...

Yum! Those look delish! :)

Sherri said...

Oh my goodness now I'm hungry-they all look wonderful! Thanks for sharing the recipes with us!

imjacobsmom said...

Mmmm! Two great bars! I just made the s'more brownies tonight and you're right - they are sweet. I could only eat a small one. If I only eat a small bite - you know they're sweet! I could go for a Magic Cookie Bar right now instead - hmmm. I do have EAgle Brand in my turn-around cabinet....Robyn

Jeanette said...

Gday Kathi, OOOOhhhhhhh yummy these are a must make ohh my mouth is watering just looking at the pics..

TattingChic said...

Hi there! I know I've already commented, but I guess I came back for "s'more", LOL!

Actually, I wanted to let you know that I'm having a giveaway! Be sure to come on over and join in!

Rebecca said...

Hi Kathi! I'm going to totally ignore your wonderful post with fabulous, sinful pictures. I promise, my hips will thank me for it.
Wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you and hoping you're having a wonderful summer!