Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Garage Sales

Work, spring and garage sales are getting in the way!

I had to take a break from it all to attend several garage sales :)....I'm trying to be selective in what I purchase this year, this beautiful bench with storage is my big find! The young man at the sale told me it was his grandfathers, he kept it in his front foyer he shared with me. As the young man carried it to my car he shared how he had thought about taking it home, he seemed a little sad to be parting with it. I assured him it would be well taken care of at my home. My little bench is waiting for the perfect spot!

I'm thinking of you today!
Kathi :)

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh my gosh, what a fantastic find! A real treasure! Don't you just love it when you luck up on something like that at a yard/garage sale. Its beautiful.

Vee said...

That is a wonderful find and while that young man may live to regret the sale, it will help knowing that someone who loves it owns it. So many possibilities.

The Victorian Parlor said...

What a wonderful bench and a great story!

Blessings,

Kim

Mari said...

I love it! That really is a great find!

Wanita said...

What a great bench! Aren't garage sales fun? I'm hoping to get to some sales this week.

Blessings,
Wanita

flowergardengirl said...

Love it and no fair. You find the best stuff. You did need to take a break.

Susie said...

Great find Kathi!
This time of year is the best for yard sales!
xo

TattingChic said...

Oh, what a sweet little bench! It looks like it did, indeed, find a perfect home. You have an appreciation for handmade things so I hope the young man felt reassured! It's such a great bench. I love that it has storage, too! That's always a great plus! :)

Mother Carol said...

I think you better send that on up to your mother right away....what a treasure. That will go perfect on your little sitting porch.