Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

The postman always rings twice when a package arrives at my door. I thought I'd share my Valentine gift that arrived from Mother Carol. She made the above Valentine, just like the old days! This year more than ever I was brought back in time when I went in search of Valentine cards to give. Ohh, they had cute scooby doo, sponge bob square pants but nothing cute like the times of past. There must be a real need to teach Mother's and children how to make Valentine's cards.

I couldn't help but smile as I looked at Mother Carol's packaging! I thought of the mail carrier who put the label on this bottle, and how many smiles it must have gotten by the time it arrived, yes this is how my gift arrived. It's a little dented but everything inside was perfect. I can't believe the post office actually allowed Mother to send this!!! Inside were cookies, chocolates and the cute Valentine you see!

Not everyone has a Valentine, perhaps you've lost your special Valentine. Today I am thinking of each one of you, wishing your day be filled with love and surprises!


Happy Valentine's Day
From My Heart To Yours!
Kathi :)

13 comments:

Milly said...

What is amazing it got delivered! What a unique idea, I love it!

Ruthie said...

Wonderful.
Have a great day.
Hugs.

Mari said...

That's really cute! You've got a pretty special Mom!

char72 said...

What a great imagination Mother Carol has. Thanks for sharing your treasures with us.
Charlotte

Sherri said...

Kathi Happy Valentine's Day!! Enjoy!!

Wanita said...

What a sweet gift your mom sent.

Happy Valentine's Day, Kathi!

Blessings,
Wanita

Cherdecor said...

How did she do that???? That is wonderful!

imjacobsmom said...

What a cute way to receive your Valentine! Your Mom is so creative. I think I'll surprise Jacob with a treat like that someday. Hope the rest of your day is just as sweet. ~ Robyn

flowergardengirl said...

Mother Carol is very clever! Happy Valentine's Day to all of you. I hope George loved his letter ;)

I love the card and all the confetti inside the bottle. Who would have thought you could mail a bottle?

flowergardengirl said...

I forgot to tell you the answer to your question--what was I using to decorate my photos on some post. It's the MacBook Pro Powerpoint. I love it. Easy Cheesy.

Mother Carol said...

Oh yes...they laughed when I walked in with my 8 soda bottles to mail.I've done it before so I knew it was ok.The gal who works there has a daughter in Alaska. Last year she sent her a big plastic Easter egg full of goodies.Way too much fun!!!

TattingChic said...

What a creative valentine! I have heard of sending mail in plastic bottles before just for fun...some stamping friends I know have done that! So cute!
Happy Belated Valentine's Day to you! :)

Susie said...

There's absolutely nothing like a special homemade gift from the heart!
I'm sure you were thrilled to receive this :)
I'm sure it helped make your Valentine's Day very special..
xo