Monday, January 26, 2009

Purse Intervention

Sister Kelli

So what do two sisters do when they get together in Minnesota in January?


Purse Intervention!!!
Let's take a look in Sister Kelli's purse....


As you know our purses not only carry important personal items...
they become winter survival kits, in the event you end up in a ditch....
or in the middle of a blizzard.

There's always chocolate, chocolate is a must! Bugles, yes, bugles...they're a form of entertainment...you put them on all of your fingers and pretend they're long nails, if you're lucky, you'll find some pretty nail polish in your purse. The hours you spend painting your new bugle nails will help pass the time quickly while waiting for your rescue. A nice pair of glasses in the event you need to start a fire, hopefully the sun will be out so you're able to start a fire quickly, matches are not acceptable due to the fact you're flying somewhere warm next week and will get arrested at the airport check-in if you have matches. Thank you notes, you'll want to thank your loved ones for not coming to your rescue fast enough (frost bite toes). Make-up or sun bronzer along with a tooth brush is a must! You'll want to look your best when the news crew arrives, remember, the camera ages a person 10 years or more. Safety pops, need I say more! Listen ladies, the more weight you can get in your purse the better, you never know when some creepy dude will come along to help you out of the ditch, wait for that news crew! If you feel threatened, use your purse as a weapon, clobber him or use your room freshener spray in his eyes! A woman's purse is sacred, not to be laughed at or taken lightly.



We couldn't decide what color or size....
so we bought a lot!



I was laughing so hard at my sister I could hardly take pictures....why, you may be wondering? She is trying to hide purses inside of purses as my brother-in-law came along with her this weekend. Sure, tell yourself you've never hidden anything from your husband....I remember my Mother pulling some new number from the back of her closet, she had purchased it on sale the month before then hid it in the dark part of her closet. She'd cleverly wear it when my Dad was in a good mood. Dad would say "oh, that's a pretty sweater, did you just buy that?" Mom would reply "Oh no, it's been hanging in the closet" :)



Alright, I'll come clean....my sister has a summer clothing shop up north. We went shopping all day....up hill both ways to get all of these purses this past weekend. You can't sell clothing without purses, shoes, jewelry, accessories.....well, you get the picture. How much will she sell them for???? Every one of these purses will be priced under $10

Now for the good stuff :)

I needed some nourishment after the purse intervention...
so we ate cake! :)

Have A Happy Day!
Kathi :)

21 comments:

Vee ~ A Haven for Vee said...

You've got me laughing along with you! How much time has either of you spent in a ditch? Polishing your Bugle fingernails? ROFL!

Thanks for the fun!!

No, I have not hidden a thing from my hubby, but then it's only been 6.8 months...

Anonymous said...

Please, pass the nourishment my way. After all of the laughing and thinking about PURSES, I need some too!!! LOL!!!

~Blessings,
Jan

ps...would you mind changing our blog name on your BlogList to ROSE HAVEN...cuz we're not going by Jan & Tom's Place anymore!!!

TattingChic said...

Whew!!! I was getting really scared for your sister! Like, REALLY scared. Thank heavens you came clean...I'd have been worried about her all day! I know someone who buys like that, only...she REALLY just buys stuff...like hoards them...ick! LOL! I'm very glad your sis is in the clothing biz! :) That cake looks delish!

Kitty Kelli said...

Sister Kelli here - I'm really not a purse-aholic, and hope I never need an intervention, but I know some people who change purses daily!! Hopefully these bags will find a new home soon, when the summer season hits!

It's a good thing we didn't spread out the jewelry and other accessories.............

By the way, what's in your purse??????

Mari said...

You needed a purse intervention! That's a bunch of them.

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

Oh no!!!!! I shouldn't have come here today! I'm laughing so hard that my stitches are going to pop out!!!!! What a hoot you gals are! The answer to the stuff in the purse is to just move to Florida! NO blizzards -- except the ones you buy at the Dairy Queen!

Cora

Rebecca said...

Ok Kathi, I am absolutely cackling as I read your post. So funny, but so true! Thank you for such a fun post to read. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR FRIEND!

Shelia said...

Oh, Kathi, this was so cute! You're making my laugh!! lol
Thanks for asking about my Mother - she is getting better.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

char72 said...

Interesting purse story. I love purses, shoes and cakes.
Charlotte

The Victorian Parlor said...

Too funny! I can't stop laughing! I used to do the same thing with Bugles!

Rachael said...

SO funny!!! Love this post!

You know, my husband does take months to notice a new outfit! I will seriously have had something for 3 months and he will ask if it's new! So...I am thinking I could totally hide stuff from him since he isn't very observant in that area :-)

nikkicrumpet said...

Now THAT is a well stocked purse!!! And you had me really worried about your sister for a minute there. I figured she had gone beyond obsession. I'm relieved to know they weren't all for her lol

Sherri said...

Sounds like you two had a blast! Love the cake too, it looks yummy!!

Cinj said...

LOL. Yes, we can use our purses for a whole lot of things. That's a whole lot of purses too. I'm glad you mentioned that she was selling them or she really would need an intervention. Although I suppose a single person buying so many purses could probably singelhandedly stimulate the economy....

Cherdecor said...

You girls are so fun! Happy Birthday to sister.

imjacobsmom said...

I was starting to get jealous - like I missed out on a great sale or something....but I can relate with the contents of her purse - you never know when you'll drive off into the ditch - especially the way they plow them around here. Eat one of those yummy frosting roses for me. ~ Robyn

Beautiful Pear Tree Lane said...

I am having a ball reading this blog,you seem to enjoy life so much. Loved the post about the purses,reminds me of my sister and I.
Blessings
Sue

flowergardengirl said...

Great finds! Looks like some good stuff too. I would think it impossible to offer them under $10. Someone is going to be very happy. Great job you two.

Happy Birthday sister Kelli. Did Kathi give you a purse for your gift?

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Kathi,

What fun getting together with your sisters and shopping.
So many purses and that cake looks so pretty. I hope that your sister had a great birthday.

I enjoyed my visit to your blog and many thanks for dropping by my blog and your kind words.

Hugs
Carolyn

Ivory Spring said...

What a fun purse post - I enjoyed it tremendously, Kathi.

It's lovely to hear from you. I think of you often too. I hope all is well with you at your end.

We are having an ice storm, and have lost quite a lot of branches off our tree in the front yard - so I am going to keep bundled up and do some needlework.

Firefly Nights said...

There for a minute I thought you had a handbag addiction as bad as my knitting bag addiction.