Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Is It Spring Yet?

I woke up this morning and realized it was January 6, 2009!!!! I'm sure some of you are wondering where oh where is Kathi??? :)...I am here and I have missed visiting all of you! I will be around to catch up on what's happening! I thought I'd share a little bit of what I've been up to....

December 8th 6:00 PM
It started to snow here in Minna-snow-ta. The first snow of the season, George and I took our hot chocolate and sat for hours by the window watching the huge soft flakes drift down from heaven, it was so romantic we felt like newlyweds again. I love snow!

December 9th
We woke to a beautiful blanket of crystal white snow covering every inch of the landscape. What a fantastic sight! Can there be a more lovely place in the whole world? We shoveled for the first time this year, George and I felt like kids again. We shoveled both our driveway and sidewalks. This afternoon the snowplow came along and covered up the sidewalks and closed in the driveway, so we got to shovel again. What a perfect life.

December 12th
The sun melted all our lovely snow. Such a disappointment. Our neighbor Bob tells us not to worry, we'll definitely have a white Christmas. No snow on Christmas would be awful! Bob says we'll have so much snow by the end of winter, that I'll never want to see snow again. I don't think that's possible. Bob is such a nice man I'm glad he's our neighbor.

December 14th
Snow, lovely snow! 8" last night. The temperature dropped to -20. The cold makes everything sparkle so. The wind took my breath away, George and I warmed up by shoveling the driveway and sidewalks. This is the life! The snowplow came back this afternoon and buried everything again. I didn't realize I would have to do quite this much shoveling, but we'll certainly get back into shape this way. I wish I wouldn't huff and puff so.

December 15th
20 inches in the forecast. Sold our van and bought a 4x4 Blazer. Bought snow tires and 2 extra shovels. Stocked the freezer. George wants a wood stove in case the electricity goes out. I think that's silly. We aren't in Alaska after all..

December 16th
Ice storm this morning. George fell on his butt on the ice in the driveway putting down salt. George says it hurt real bad. I tried not to laugh as I think that's very cruel.

December 17th
Still way below freezing. Roads are too icy to go anywhere. Electricity was off for 5 hours. I had to pile blankets on to stay warm. Nothing to do but stare at George and try not to irritate him. More shoveling, it took all day. Darn snowplow came by twice. I tried to find a neighbor kid to shovel, but they said they're to busy playing hockey. I think they're lying. Bob says we have to shovel or the city will have it done and bill us. I think he's lying.

December 22nd
Bob was right about a white Christmas because 13 more inches of white stuff fell today, and it's so cold it probably won't melt 'till August. Took George and I 45 minutes to get all dressed up to go out to shovel. I tried to hire Bob who has a plow on his truck for the rest of the winter but he says he's too busy. I think he's lying.

December 23rd
Only 2" of snow today and it warmed up to 0. George wanted us to decorate the front of the house this morning. What, is he...nuts? Why didn't he suggest we do that a month ago? He says he did, but I think he's lying.

December 24th
6". Snow packed so hard by snowplow, I broke the shovel. Thought I was having a heart attack. If I ever catch the guy who drives that snowplow, I'll drag him through the snow by his ears. I know he hides around the corner and waits for us to finish shoveling and then comes down the street at a 100 miles an hour and throws snow every where we've just shoveled! Tonight George wanted me to sing Christmas carols with him and open our presents, but I was too busy watching for the snowplow.

December 25th
Merry Christmas. 20 more inches of snow tonight. Snowed in. The idea of shoveling makes my blood boil. I hate snow! The snowplow driver came by asking for a donation, I hit him over the head with my shove. George says I have a bad attitude. I think he's wrong. If I have to watch "It's A Wonderful Life" one more time, I'm going to hurt him.

December 26th
Still snowed in. Why in the world did we ever move here? It was ALL HIS idea.

December 27th
Temperature dropped to -30 and the pipes froze.

December 28th
Warmed up to above -50. Still snowed in.

December 29th
10 more inches. Bob says I have to shovel the roof or it could cave in. That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. How dumb does he think I am?

December 30th
The roof caved in. The snow plow driver is suing me for a million dollars for the bump on his head. George went home to his Mother's. 9" predicted.

December 31st
Set fire to what's left of the house. No more shoveling.

January 6th
I feel so good. I just love those little white pills they keep giving me.Why am I tied to the bed?????

Have A Fantastic Day!
Kathi :)

19 comments:

Vee ~ A Haven for Vee said...

ROFL! I think you're lying!

I will check back to verify...

What a month...even if only half of it is true.

TattingChic said...

Very funny!!! Now, the truth this time...what REALLY happened? LOL!

Suzanne said...

Kathi, Happy New Year. I don' envy you with the cold and snow. I am enjoying my first winter in calif. By the end of the week it is suppose to hit close to 80. Loving it. No more shoveling snow. Love and Prayers. Suzanne p.s. I must confess, I do miss the fresh smell of the crispy air.

Mari said...

You are so funny! I think we've had enough snow in Michigan - we set records for the amount we got in the past year. I do thin it's worse in Minnesota though!

Wanita said...

Ah yes, the snowplow. Don't those drivers know how hard we work to shovel our driveways. Then to have them blatantly plow snow back where we've just shoveled.

However, I'm not sure your story is totally true. But it sure made me laugh!

Blessings,
Wanita

Cherdecor said...

I am sitting here dying with laughter. I even read the whole thing to Alan. He is laughing! This was so good! Thank you for the laugh! I do hope that you do get a chance to get out but it is still January. I hope you have dug out by Groundhogs Day.

imjacobsmom said...

Ahh yes! The beloved first flakes and how quickly they get old! Then the beloved snowplow and how quickly that gets old! Good to hear from you again. ~ Robyn

nikkicrumpet said...

HEHEHEHEHEHE too funny! And since we're supposed to get 6 to 8 inches of snow followed by freezing rain tomorrow...I am so THERE!

flowergardengirl said...

That is a riot! No snow for us but we aren't safe till the end of March. I don't think it's ever snowed in my part of NC in April. Girlfriend don't worry about catching up on my blog. Just drop by the latest and say hi. That will do for me.

flowergardengirl said...

I'm visiting your blogroll cause it rocks and they are beautiful. Thank you

Milly said...

Okay, seriously that is so mean to people who live in places where 2 inches shuts everything down. I was really believing it right up until you said you set the house on fire, I was thinking holy cow!

I hope things aren't all bad!

Cinj said...

LOL. I think I've gotten that email before. I sure am glad I've got two kids to help me shovel. I dangle extra video game time in front of them and they shovel like mad.

Sherri said...

Kathi-Happy New Year!! I'm glad you're back-I missed you! I used to feel like that every winter when we lived in northwestern NJ. Now we live in Charlotte, NC and we haven't had any snow here in the 4 1/2 yrs. we've lived here. The mountains of NC have but we live in the Piedmont and I like it that way!! Hope your Spring comes soon!

Rue said...

Hi Kathi :)

I remembered about halfway through that this was an email I had gotten a long time ago LOL You had me for a minute ;)

hugs,
rue

Rebecca said...

Oh girl, you are too funny. Come on down here to Georgia. Its cold but its sunny...and no snow.

Jan and Tom's Rose Haven said...

LOL!!!

I hate to say this...But, I think you're lying!!

Very funny!!


BUT.......is it at least CLOSE to spring yet?????

Anybody know HOW MANY DAYS TIL SPRING?????

Bonita said...

We have yet to see a single flake this year, not that I'm upset about that or anything. Sounds like you had more than enough for all of us!

Crafty Gardener said...

hehehe

I used the same graphic on my blog last year when I got fed up with all the snow. I haven't used it yet, but I just know it will be making an appearance soon as it is snowing again this morning.

Firefly Nights said...

I laughed and laughed and then sent it to my friends on the Michigan U.P. who have been buried under snow for the past couple of months. A little snow goes a long way!